Monday, July 19, 2010

Paranormal Romance: Fury Calls by Caridad Pineiro

Fury Calls
by Caridad Pineiro
Silhouette Nocturne
http://www.caridadpineiro.com
ISBN: 9780373618071
Release Date: March 2009

from the author's site: 

Four years ago, overcome by hunger, Blake Richards took too much from a young woman, and turned her to save her life. Now Meghan Thomas is like him, a vampire…and their initial attraction has turned to anger and distrust. She hates what he has made her, but when a vicious killer threatens Manhattan’s vampire community, Meghan has no choice but to turn to him—her sire. 
 
Blake is reckless and brash. Meghan is young and untried. Alone, they are no match for the killer. But with the fates of humans and vampires alike depending on them, their only hope is to trust in their blood bond.

my thoughts: 

 Fury Calls was just as great a read as the other books in Caridad Pineiro's The Calling series. Though it was definitely darker than most of the Nocturnes that I've read. Reading about Blake and Meghan, you got the sense that they were always going to be together, Meghan just wasn't ready to admit it yet. 

There was plenty of action and romance to keep the story moving, and a bad guy so bad you're itching to see him defeated. I really enjoyed Fury Calls, just as I've enjoyed all of Caridad Pineiro's other Nocturne titles. I'm anxious to try her single title Romances also. Caridad Pineiro is an author I'm going to keep coming back for.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the kind words, Heather Marie! I really appreciate them. FURY CALLS is a book of my heart. Way dark, but somehow right for this story. I hope you will like the new SINS series. I just signed to do another two in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sounds of this edgy darkness with romance! This sound delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete