Monday, July 5, 2010

Mystery Review: Prime Time by Hank Phillipi Ryan

Prime Time
by Hank Phillipi Ryan
Mira
http://www.hankphillipiryan.com
ISBN: 9780778327172
Release Date: July 1, 2009

from the author's site: 

Deadlines. Desire. Deception. 

Could the scoop of her career be hiding in her email? Top notch TV reporter Charlotte McNally suspects some of that annoying spam clogging her email is more than just cyber junk. In fact, she thinks some of it might be carrying secret big-money messages to big-time insiders who have the key to decode it. Problem is, the last outsider to decipher the code wound up in the local morgue.

my thoughts: 

I'm writing this one up as a Mystery review because despite that my bookstore shelves this in the Romance department, the overall tone of the novel felt much more like a Mystery. 

Prime Time is the first novel in the Charlotte McNally series, and it's an excellent debut. The suspense kept me glued to the pages, while the red herrings and surprise twists kept me guessing about what was going on and who was behind it all. 

Charlotte is an interesting character and I'm curious to see what other trouble she gets up to. Hank Phillipi Ryan has definitely captured my interest and I look forward to reading her other books.  

No comments:

Post a Comment