Friday, April 9, 2010

Romance Review: Viking Heat by Sandra Hill

Viking Heat
by Sandra Hill


Berkley Sensation
http://www.sandrahill.net
ISBN: 9780425230671
Release Date: September 1, 2009
from the author's site: 

Joy Nelson joins the female Navy SEALS in a fit of depression over the death of her POW brother.  Then she finds herself shot back in time to the cold, cold Norselands where she is auctioned off as a slave to a Viking warlord.  What fun!  This Norseman doesn't know what hit him. 

my thoughts: 

Once I settled down to read Viking Heat, I nearly flew through it. I don't typically read time-travel romances, but I'm so glad I read this one. Sandra Hill's writing is so fun; this was a light, quick read. Despite it's overall light tone, some dark topics do get covered in Viking Heat and they are dealt with well. 

Joy is a fabulous character and more than a match for Brandr. Brandr has been through hard times and Joy is the light he needs in his life. Secondary characters are just as wonderful and I hope to read about them in other Sandra Hill stories. She's an author I know I'll need to read again.

No comments:

Post a Comment