Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Romance Review: Lucky Charm by Carly Phillips

Lucky Charm
by Carly Phillips
HQN
http://www.carlyphillips.com
ISBN: 9780373773312
Release Date: October 1, 2008

from the author's site: 

Derek thought he could outsmart the long-standing Corwin curse by breaking up with Gabrielle, his first love— and marrying someone else. Now, divorced and broke, all he has left is his teenage daughter and a healthy respect for ancient sorcery. But then Gabrielle returns, determined to defeat the curse and rekindle their passion. But will her stubborn streak and her unwavering love be the lucky charm Derek so desperately needs? 

my thoughts: 

Carly Phillips has quickly become one of my favorite contemporary Romance authors, if not my absolute favorite. While paranormal Romance is still my first love I do have to say that contemporaries are not the boring books I once thought them to be. 

Derek and Gabrielle are a great pair; they are each exactly what the other needs. I loved their verbal sparring. I loved that Gabrielle had no intention of giving up on Derek. She knew what she wanted and wasn't about to back down. 

Lucky Charm is a great, fun read. I can't wait to read Lucky Streak, and Lucky Break.  

No comments:

Post a Comment