Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Steampunk Review: The Bookman by Lavie Tidhar

The Bookman
by Lavie Tidhar




Angry Robot
http://www.lavietidhar.wordpress.com
ISBN: 9780857660343
Release Date: September 28, 2010

from the author's site: 

When the woman he loves dies at the hands of the mysterious Bookman, young poet Orphan will do anything to bring her back – but how far will you go for love?

Enmeshed in a web of secrets and lies, with a changed England on the brink of revolution, Orphan would have to unravel the secrets of his world, all the while trying to stay alive himself. His journey would taken him from the hidden catacombs of London, through pirate-infested seas, to the mysterious island that may hold the secret to the origin not only of the shadowy Bookman, but of Orphan’s own…

my thoughts:

I've been in an absolutel Steampunk mood lately. I've been buying up as much as I can because I'm craving it like crazy. The Bookman popped up as a recommend somewhere, so I decided to give it a shot. It quickly became my primary read (since I'm known for reading many, many books at a time).

The Bookman is very unique, even for Steampunk. We're talking about a Victorian England where the Royal family is a group of lizards! And of course there's the mystery of the Bookman, himself. As Orphan gets drawn deeper in, he finds out there are more players in the game than anyone knows. And everyone has their own motives

I can't wait for the release of Camera Obscura.I really want to see more of the world Lavie Tidhar has created.

So that's my recommend for you. :) Anyone got any great Steampunk recommends for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment