Thursday, January 27, 2011

Paranormal Romance Review: Assassin's Honor by Monica Burns

Assassin's Honor
Order of the Sicari Book 1
by Monica Burns



Berkley Sensation
http://www.monicaburns.com
ISBN: 9780425234167
Release Date: June 1, 2010

from the author's site: 

Archeologist Emma Zale sees the past when she touches ancient relics. It’s how she uncovered evidence of an ancient order of assassins—the Sicari. When a sinfully dark stranger shows up on her Chicago doorstep demanding an ancient artifact she doesn’t have, he drags her into a world where telekinesis and empaths are the norm. Now someone wants her dead, and her only hope of survival is an assassin who’s every bit as dangerous to her body as he is to her heart. 
 
Ares DeLuca comes from an ancient Roman bloodline of telekinetic assassins. A Sicari, he’s honor bound to kill only in the name of justice. But when the woman he loved was murdered, Ares broke the Sicari code and used his sword for revenge. Love cost him dearly once before, and he’s not willing to pay the price again. At least not until hot, sweet, delectable Emma walked into his life. Not only does she hold the key to a valuable Sicari relic, she might just hold the key to his heart.

my thoughts: 

I don't know why I delayed reading this one, oh wait, school, book club, work...crap, everything keeps getting in the way of my reading. (Can you tell? It's only been what? 5 months since I blogged) Anyway, back to Assassin's Honor. I initially started this around the time it released and then everything got in my way. I picked it back up and thank goodness there were no interruptions this time because I was NOT putting it down. I completely ignored one of my book club books because I was so drawn into the world of the Sicari. 
The action and tension (sexual and otherwise) kept me glued in place reading. I'm so glad I already have Assassin's Heart because you know that's been moved right to the top of the TBR. Of course once I finish that then I have to wait for Book 3. At least I have another Monica Burns (unrelated to the Sicari) to keep me sated until then. 

Highly recommended, especially if you like action-filled books about paranormal warriors and spicy love scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment