Monday, January 11, 2010

Urban Fantasy Review: Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep

Spider's Bite
Elemental Assassin Book 1
by Jennifer Estep





http://www.jenniferestep.com
Pocket Books (Simon and Schuster)
ISBN: 9781439147979
Release Date: January 26, 2010


from the publisher's site:


My name is Gin, and I kill people.

They call me the Spider. I'm the most feared assassin in the South -- when I'm not busy at the Pork Pit cooking up the best barbecue in Ashland. As a Stone elemental, I can hear everything from the whispers of the gravel beneath my feet to the vibrations of the soaring Appalachian Mountains above me. My Ice magic also comes in handy for making the occasional knife. But I don't use my powers on the job unless I absolutely have to. Call it professional pride.

Now that a ruthless Air elemental has double-crossed me and killed my handler, I'm out for revenge. And I'll exterminate anyone who gets in my way -- good or bad. I may look hot, but I'm still one of the bad guys. Which is why I'm in trouble, since irresistibly rugged Detective Donovan Caine has agreed to help me. The last thing this coldhearted killer needs when I'm battling a magic more powerful than my own is a sexy distraction...especially when Donovan wants me dead just as much as the enemy.

my thoughts: 

Gin is awesome! I'm really excited about Jennifer Estep's new Elemental Assassin books. I was completely sucked into Gin's world and I can't wait for another visit. 

Gin is exactly the kind of kick-ass heroine that I love to read about. Donovan Caine is the kind of hottie you always want to see in a book. The attraction between the two is obvious and explosive and I can't wait to see what happens between them in future books. Despite being an assassin and seeming cold it's obvious that Gin cares about those closest to her. And heaven help anyone who harms her family.   

The action in SPIDER'S BITE is near-constant and intense. The end totally wowed me. I'm hooked on Jennifer Estep's new series and I can't wait for book 2, WEB OF LIES. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment