Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Romance Review: Alpha Wolf by Linda O. Johnston

Alpha Wolf
by Linda O. Johnston
Silhouette Nocturne
http://www.lindaojohnston.com
ISBN: 9780373618033
Release Date: January 1, 2009
from the author's site: 

When Dr. Melanie Harding starts practicing veterinary medicine in a small town, she has no intention of buying into the area's absurd werewolf legends, and is angry when she has to save the life of an ordinary dog shot with a silver bullet.  But the dog's handsome, secretive--and really hot--owner, Major Drew Connell, soon convinces her of the existence of supernatural attraction.  He is one sexy shapeshifter.  But it's not the mysterious experiments being conducted by Drew and others at a nearby army base that provoked the resurgence of werewolf tales.  If not shapeshifters, then who is attacking both animals and people?

my thoughts:

I love Silhouette Nocturnes. I'm a huge fan of Paranormal Romance, so I was really excited when the Nocturne line was released. Every month I know I can buy 2 great new Paranormals, sometimes from an author I already know and love, sometimes from a new author I haven't read yet. Linda O. Johnston is the latter. Alpha Wolf is the first book I've read from her and I really enjoyed it. 

Melanie and Drew are a bit stubborn and slow to see that they belong together, but that's what makes watching it happen so sweet. The secondary characters are and interesting group. Some, like the others on base with Drew are characters you want to see again. However other characters, like the townspeople and tourists, are a far more frustrating bunch. 
Overall I'd call Alpha Wolf a fun, quick read. However I will let you know that if you're looking for a copy you will need to go through someone who sells used books since this title is no longer in print. Or if you prefer you can take a look at one of her other titles, I know I'm looking forward to reading more from Linda O. Johnston.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment