Monday, May 3, 2010

Steampunk Review: Changeless by Gail Carriger

Changeless
by Gail Carriger
Orbit (Hachette)
http://www.gailcarriger.com
ISBN: 9780316074148
Release Date: April 1, 2010

from the author's site:

Alexia Tarabotti, the Lady Woolsey, awakens in the wee hours of the mid-afternoon to find her husband, who should be decently asleep like any normal werewolf, yelling at the top of his lungs. Then he disappears - leaving her to deal with a regiment of supernatural soldiers encamped on her doorstep, a plethora of exorcised ghosts, and an angry Queen Victoria. But Alexia is armed with her trusty parasol, the latest fashions, and an arsenal of biting civility. Even when her investigations take her to Scotland, the backwater of ugly waistcoats, she is prepared: upending werewolf pack dynamics as only the soulless can. She might even find time to track down her wayward husband, if she feels like it.

my thoughts:

It's no surprise, but I loved Changeless probably even more so than Soulless. Gail Carriger has such a wit about her writing. Alexia is a fabulous character to read as are many of the other characters (her sister's no treat, but watching Alexia spar with her is). Conall is his usual tasty but belligerent self. 

I absolutely adored Changeless and thanks to the way it ended I'm practically salivating for Blameless. I know I'll be buying it on release day as I did with Changeless. I truly don't think I could wait any longer than necessary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment