Thursday, October 22, 2009

Romance Review: Taming the Beast by Heather Grothaus

Taming the Beast
by Heather Grothaus



Kensington Publishing

ISBN: 9781420102437


Release Date: November 3, 2009


from the author's website:


After years of turmoil, Roderick Cherbon has left the Crusades to return to the home he loves. But the wars have changed him, and the heir who thought to heal his father’s injustices has become a vicious beast of a man, scarred inside and out. He will speak to no one, see no one; he leaves the shadows of his ruined keep only under the darkness of night. And even in death his father mocks him: to retain his land and title, Roderick, the Beast, must marry.

Lady Michaela Fortune is reviled for her poverty, ridiculed for her dreams, and preyed on for her soft heart. Humiliation and want dog her beloved family, and her pride is an indulgence she can ill afford. Cherbon and its shattered lord offer a solution. But to court a man who has fallen so low, Michaela will need all her grace and beauty to harbor any hopes of taming the beast…

my thoughts:

I have loved every book of Heather Grothaus' so I was so excited when I received Taming the Beast in my mailbox. Let me tell you, it's another winner. Michaela is a remarkable woman. She has endured so much but she still hopes for something better. Roderick needs a woman like Michaela to help him learn to live again. This truly is a "beauty and the beast" story with a few other elements thrown in.

I love, love, love this book. I knew Heather wouldn't let me down and she didn't. I recommend all of ther books. If you haven't picked up a Heather Grothaus historical, you need to do so. Taming the Beast is completely stand-alone so you don't have to have read any of her other books. The Warrior, The Champion, and The Highlander all have connecting characters so if you're going to read one of those I strongly recommend reading all three.

Pre-order or Reserve your copy of Taming the Beast today, you won't regret reading this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment